Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wild Roses



I've always liked the SU! Wild Roses stamp set. It's so beautiful and can be used for so many different occasions and I'm sad that it's retiring. Two Step Stampin' Sets always looks great, you just can't mess them up and this card is one of those cards. The layers aren't placed perfectly but somehow they actually look better that way. The colors are just stamped off 1 time for the lighter shade and then full strength for the darker outline, and 1 stamped the Rose 3 times and cut it out twice making each subsequent layer smaller. I love how clean and elegant it looks! The funny thing about this card is that I imagined it in my mind as soon as I saw the DSP in the Ginger Blossoms pack and just KNEW at some point I would make it with the Wild Roses set. Here we are 4 months after I imagined it, it's finally down on paper. Better late than never!
Here's a closeup of how the Rose looks from a side view. You can see a little better how the 3 layers actually look. I used Dimensionals to really make the flower stand out.
Recipe: Stamp Sets: Wild Roses, Hugs and Wishes; CS: River Rock, Basic Gray, Very Vanilla; Ink: Groovy Guava, River Rock, Basic Gray; Accessories; Photo Corner Punch, Silver Mini Brads, Gray Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Piercing tool and Template.

No comments: