Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm going to school!!

Well, scrapbooking school anyway! I signed up for a class at Got Sketch? and I just LOVE IT! Thanks to my friend Michelle J. who passed along the class info and got me to sign up. It's only $21 and Oh! the ideas that I've already gotten and it just started yesterday! The thing that really hooked me with this class is that all of the projects are made with Stampin' Up! products. I hope that this really enhances what I already know about scrapbooking. I see so many amazing scrapbook pages out there and I want my work to be like that too! I know that some people just scrapbook to get the memories down on paper, but for me it's also an artistic outlet and an area of crafting that really gets me excited.
I can't share the sketches with you because they're copyrighted, but they are allowing us to share our personal work with our blog friends. If you want more information on the class click on the Got Sketch Blinkie Below, or if you'd like to see some of Valeries work before signing up, check out her blog. She's an amazing paper artist.
Here' is the first project that I made with one of their 'pre-class' teaser projects. It's a little book that will hold all of the sketches that we get in class. They even gave us a PDF with adorable index cards to print out and paste our sketches to them....these girls have thought of everything! I used a $1 photo album that I had sitting around from the Dollar Store and I removed the plastic cover and to adhere the DSP I used sticky strip. I love how it turned out! The tabs at the top are to oraganize the sketches into the number of photos that they're designed for. Our first sketch had 3 photos on it, so that's filed under 3, etc. I also have a clip that I'm attaching to the front cover to hold the sketches while I'm working on them. So I just pick the sketch, pull it out of it's little protector, and clip it on the front of my standing book so that I don't lose it in the mess that I call my desk! Too Cute! Thanks Valerie!
Sketches are a great way to get ideas for scrapbooking and cardmaking and I encourage you to make a little book of your own to file yours away in. It's nice to have a little inspiration at your fingertips!
This little book was made with ALL Stampin' Up! products (except the tiny numbers...I don't have any little number stamps!). The DSP is retired and I don't remember it's name. Other ingredients are: Olive 5/8 grosgrain, Apricot Appeal CS, Old Olive CS, Passion Pink CS, Very Vanilla CS, Photo Corner Punch, Tab Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch.

No comments: