Sunday, June 8, 2008

Guess what the man in brown brought??


FRESH CUTS!! That's right, I finally got my delivery of this spectacular stamp set and laser cut note cards and am LOVING IT!! I sat down today to do a little stampin' while the kids were playing and I can't believe how many ideas I got from this set! Usually it takes me a while, with a few detours and cards that just aren't balanced and don't work, but not this time. I sat down and right away stamped out this first card within 10 minutes! It helped that I knew that I was going to use the Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky, but other than that I just jumped right in. I happened to have a CardMap printout sitting on my desk (see the PDF archives for March 2008), and VOILA! Two of the cards were made using the CardMaps, but the other two came from my little 'ole head. Oh what fun it is to stamp when the creative juices are flowing and there are no children interupting!

My favorite of the four is this one that used a CardMap, but I'm pretty proud of the way that I interpreted the design. I masked off part of the large square background design to make if fit the card, and the ribbon is threaded through a hole that I punched using the 1/4" hole punch. Very simple, very elegant.


The card size is 4 1/4 x 4 1/4, which I picked because that was the size of scrap Soft Sky paper that I found in my stash. All Supplies from Stampin' Up! Recipe: Stamp Set: Fresh Cuts; Cardstock: Soft Sky, Whisper White; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky; Accessories: Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool, Paper Piercing Template



This card couldn't have been any easier, and I love the way the the little sprig stamped in Choclate Chip looks like a DSP frame! This is card crafting at it's easiest and really made me think about how sometimes the simplist card makes a big statement. Recipe: Stamp Set: Fresh Cuts; Cardstock: Whisper White; Ink: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky; Acessories: DSP Soft Sky Print Patterns, Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon....and that's it!



I've seen so many of these types of cards on Splitcoast, and I thought that they looked like they really took a lot of time to stamp and put together.......I was wrong! Totally easy peasey......I just stamped the large background stamp in the Soft Sky ink after removing the die cut petals, added a Chocolate Chip Flower BEHIND the notecard, put some Soft Sky cardstock behind that, then added the Boho Blossoms mini flower with the brad. The Thank You was stamped last and then the ribbon tied on, and Badda Bing! Recipe: Stamp Set: Fresh Cuts; Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky; Ink: Soft Sky, Choclate Chip; Accessories: Fresh Cuts Notecards, Taffeta Ribbon, 5 Petal Flower Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Mini Brad From Antique Brass Hodgepodge Hardward.



This last card was made with my buttons, my hoarded, barely used because I don't think most projects are worthy of them, buttons. I treat buttons the same way that I do paper....I collect it and deem whether or not a project is worthy of it. I have pieces of paper that I got 8 years ago and I'm still waiting for that perfect project to come along that I feel that I can 'let go' of the piece of paper for. Buttons hold the same sick appeal for me....I've collected them since I was a little kid and I have thousands of them. I am starting to realize though that the more that I use them, the more it gives me an excuse to buy more of them. So, my Stampin' Up! Neutrals buttons were the first victims, and some lucky person will get them on this card! All ingredients are the same as the other cards, with the exception of the buttons, and the scallop edge....for that I used the small corner rounder with the guard removed. Remember that FRESH CUTS are available as a Sneak Peek....$21.95 for the Stamp set, and the die cuts cards are only $5.00 if purchase with the stamps (or $8.95 if purchased by themselves). A super great deal! Remember that if you want to get the Note cards for $5 ($3.95 savings!) you must purchase before June 30th! E-mail me at judes3@sbcglobal.net for more information and to get yours today! Happy Stampin'!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Found your blog from Got Sketch.
These are the prettiest cards from the Fresh Cuts cards and stamps set that I've seen. Love the color combo and everything else about them.

Nancyroo said...

beautiful cards! I love them.