Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Be Inspired Challenge #18



Beate's blog has amazing challenges, but this is the first one that I loved so much that I just had to do it. Having a Martha Stewart item was sure to peak my interest....I just love Martha! Everything that her company produces is so simple and beautiful that I wish that I could have my home decorated by her 'people'.
This cake absolutely took my breath away! Can you imagine a summer outdoor wedding with this for your cake? It has so many of my favorite things... cherries, ric rac, vines and flowers, who wouldn't be inspired by this?

I think it took me all of 5 minutes to decide what I was going to do and gather my supplies. Using the 'wedding' theme I decided to make a card for my brother and his fiancee for their wedding (which isn't until next May, but it never hurts to be prepared!).
I just love the colors together! This was such a simple card to make and it makes me happy just to look at it.
Recipe: Stamp Set: Warm Words; Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Whisper White; Ink: Certainly Celery, Real Red; Accessories: Boho Blossoms Punch, Watercolor Vine Wheel, Real Red Grosgrain, Hodgepodge Hardware pewter, Oval Punches - Small and Large, corner rounder, paper piercing tool.
Check out Beate's Blog for more inspiration pieces and get busy creating!
Happy Stampin'!
Judy

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I LOVE this card! Also the cake. :) I think I will try this one out. I am determined to do some scrapping today.

Michelle