Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rainbow Sherbert


My kids have just recently discovered rainbow sherbert. I used to always eat it as a kid.....and as an adult have discovered that it's not half as bad as you would think....natural ingredients, fruit juices and skim milk. So I've been dishing it up for the kids every other day and have seen the color combo so often that I guess it just stuck in my head. Lo and behold, a card made out of rainbow sherbert colors! This card is totally out of my comfort zone....not my normal 'style' at all. But I've been trying to think out of the box and shake things up a bit. It's kind of fun!

The technique was emboss resist, but I used the baby wipe technique for the wash over the embossed flowers. Then I used White Craft ink on SU! chipboard letters and embossed them too. Then I made the little button do-dad with some inspiration from Michelle Wooderson. Like I said, not my normal style, but sometimes it's fun to do something a little different! Hope you like!

Recipe: Stamp Set: Garden Greetings; Paper: Apricot Appeal, Kiwi Kiss; Ink: Apricot Appeal, Pink Pirouette, Barely Banana, Whisper White Craft; Accessories: Birds and Blooms Die, Organza ribbon, Linen Thread, Clear embossing powder, chipboard letters, Always Artichoke Journaler, Bella Rose and Tea Party DSP, misc. button from flea market.
Happy Stampin'!
Judy

No comments: