Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pick a Petal

I saw this color combination in my demonstrator copy of Stampin' Success magazine (one of the perks of being a Demo!) and I just had to try it! I rarely use the Elegant Eggplant, just because I never know what colors to combine it with. When I saw it used with the Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery, it really caught my eye! I used the Pick-A-Petal stamp set, but not in the normal way.....I made my own dotted paper by using a new eraser at the end of a pencil and Certainly Celery ink. Once I had my patterened paper, I flipped it over and used the stamp that is just the outline of a petal and stamped it on the back of my paper. I used this outline to trim out the petal shape. Then I used the retired 'A Perfect Day' rub-on's and made the little flower for the center. This was a very easy card to make and I just love the color combo!


Recipe: Stamp Set: Pick-A-Petal, Absolutely Fabulous; Cardstock: Certainly Celery, Lovely Lilac, Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst, Whisper White; Ink: Certainly Celery, Elegant Eggplant; Accessories: A Perfect Day Rub-on's, Heart Trio Punch, Fresh Favorites Buttons, Tea Party DSP

1 comment:

Missy said...

I love them all - I have got to get to your camp soon.

Miss