Friday, May 23, 2008

Downline Meeting










Every other month I get together with my Stampin' Up! downline to swap cards, talk about our goals, and to brainstorm about business ideas. I'm really lucky that I have some really great, creative people in my downline and I love to get together with them and exchange ideas. One of my favorite parts is our swap. Here are the cards that I got from them, and the two that I made.
These first two were made by Robin whom I love for her big bold designs. I'm always complaining to her that I don't know what to do with any of the Bold Bright colors except for the Real Red, so she made this fun "B is for Birthday card with that in mine. Can you believe that she took the time to mask all of the beautiful flowers? She's my stampin' hero!



Her 2nd card is great because she did this fun fold. I always forget to use anything other than a standardly folded card. Good thing I'm doing a Fabulous Folds Stamp Camp next month. I really need to step outside of the box!









Vanessa made this beautiful 'Cherish' card. Her designs are always crisp, clean and elegant. I also love this card because of the chunky glitter....it really makes the design 'pop'. And she's famous for using the Basic Gray instead of black, which she's got me doing too. Especially on cards like this one, it's definitely softer than the Basic Black.


The Birthday Wishes card she made is such an easy one that can be made quickly (my favorite because goodness knows I'm using stampin' a card about 2 minutes before we have to leave for a party!). I love how she took a blender pen and swiped it over the word 'wishes' with the Bashful Blue ink. My eye went right to that word on the card. Great idea!






























No comments: