Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Desktop Challenge



I'm always reading about how different stampers challenge themselves to do different things like, only use certain colored CS on a card, or use an inspiration piece. I decided to challange myself to making 2 cards using ONLY items that were actually on my stamping desk. I should have given myself this challenge about 2 weeks ago before I had cleaned my desk (LOL - when is a stamper's desk ever clean?), but I still had PLENTY of things to work with. The only exception to this rule was ink color - because I store my ink pads on a seperate table, I didn't limit myself on those. I can't believe how much fun I had doing this!! I really dug through the little scraps that were sitting in piles, and used some fun color combos. I (luckily) had the stamp set SO MUCH (pg 97 in the catty) that I got for FREE at SU! Regionals (don't you just LOVE FREE stuff?????) on my desk and because I hadn't had time to really use it much, this was a great opportunity. Here are the two cards that I made. It took me less than 10 minutes!


Recipe for Turquoise Card: Stamp Set: So Much; CS: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Whisper White; Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red; Accessories: Tempt Turq 1/4 grosgrain, rose red stitched-retired, DSP Bali Breeze (I think!), DSP Prints Rose Red

Apricot Card - Stamp Set: So Much; CS: Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery; Ink: Apricot Appeal, Pumpkin Pie; Access: DSP Bali Breeze, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat and Template

Notice on this card how the center of the flower is cut into a circle shape.....it was killing me not to pull out one of my punches, but they weren't on my desk!!! I actually cut this circle with my snips the old fashioned way. Boy am I spoiled with all of my wonderful tools. To think that I used to have to hand cut all of my shapes before punches and paper trimmers! ;)

No comments: