Thursday, March 5, 2009

FINALLY!


I finally figured out a way to take pictures that don't have an 'apricot appeal' glow to them!! I think that my flash isn't working properly, which has caused all of my pictures to take on a peach hue. I solved the problem by taking my pics in direct sunlight in the morning, which fixes my blog pictures issue, but I'm still needing a new camera (hint, hint to the hubby!).


The first card is one that I made for my stamp club. We did a class on different water coloring techniques and I came up with three different cards using the same layout. I'm always looking for masculine cards, so this one uses color and patterns that fit the bill.


The stamp set is the popular CRAZY FOR CUPCAKES, and the color palette is, pacific blue, kiwi kiss, tangerine tango. I used the reinkers in those colors to watercolor the image, and then when it was dry I stamped on the 'happy birthday' from the FAMILY PHRASES set. The patterned paper was from the Tangerine Tango Pattern Pack, and I used the SU! watercolor paper (the best!) to stamp my image on. The stars were punched with the large and small star punches, and I added one of the new Jumbo brads.
I will post the other two cards tomorrow!
Happy Stampin' !
Judy

No comments: