Monday, January 5, 2009

SU! Spring/Summer Catalog Peek

Stampin' Up! really knew what they were doing when they decided to publish 2 catalogs each year instead of one. We stamp-a-holics get our fix both with the anticipation and unveiling of the wonderful stamps and accessories that Stampin' Up! always brings us. January 19th is the release date for the new catty and I've already been working on my camps and crops using the new products. I pre-ordered a few stamp sets and papers, and I have to say that I love everything that I bought! These products will be made available to Stampin' Up! customers on January 19th, so get ready to have some fun!
Here are 3 cards that I made for a swap with my downline. The first two cards use NEW SETS that will be available on 1/19, and the other card was made with a set that is from the Holiday MINI-Catalog (WHICH EXPIRES ON 1/18!!!)
The first card was made with the about to become available stamp set "Just Buzzin' By", and if you love to watercolor (and y'all know that I do!), this is a set for you! It has the most adorable images and is so easy to color. I also used the Dazzling Diamonds on the bees wings to give the card a little pop (it's so hard to see it in the pictures!) The other products that I used were: Inks: Basic Black and Versamark, Cardstock: Perfect Plum and Pale Plum, So Saffron, and Basic Black, Accessories: White Taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, and the two way glue pen.
The next card is a Gatefold (I use Beate's tutorial for the card pattern) that uses the soon to be available set "Sweet Stems". What I love about this set is that it has a Sizzix Embosslit that matches it (see the die cut flower at the bottom right on the card). For all of you owners of the Big Shot (or any other Sizzix product), you are gonna love this little baby! It not only DIE CUTS the shape, it also DRY EMBOSSES a design onto it at the same time that you cut it! I doesn't get much better than that! Here are a few other products that I used: Cardstock: Kiwi Kiss
, Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouhette, Ink: Basic Black, Pink Pirouhette, Bravo Burgundy, Accessories: Sizzix Embosslit Sweetest Stems, NEW DSP Raspberry Tart.
The last card is my favorite! It uses the "Love Owl-Ways" set from the Mini, and it it so easy to make! The toughest thing was gluing the 1/2" circle around the larger circle to make the scallop. The heart shapes that are stamped on the pink cardstock were colored in using the Watercolor Wonder crayon Cameo Coral, and the little heart that the owl is holding is glittered using the Dazzling Diamonds. Recipe: Paper: Cameo Coral, Pink Pirouhette, Bravo Burgundy, Whisper White; Ink: Basic black; Accessories: 1/2" circle punch, 1 3/4" circle punch, scallop edge punch, Pink Pirouette 1 1/4" grosgrain, Raspberry Tart DSP, Watercolor Wonder Crayons.
Stay tuned in the next week to see the scrapbook pages that I worked on over New Year's.....I finished 10 pages!
Happy Stampin',
Judy







No comments: