Wednesday, January 7, 2009

scrap happy!

My husband and I are fortunate that both of our parents have lake houses because WE LOVE all types of lake sports and recreation, including ice fishing. This past week (over New Year's), my FIL lent us his house for 4 days for a little family mini-vacation. We loaded up the van with suitcases, ice fishing equipment, kids, dog, and last but not least SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES! While my DH had 2 of the kids out on the lake fishing (the kids took turns because we only have a 2 man ice fishing tent, so one of them was always with me), I would scrapbook to my little hearts content while my other child played or watched TV close by. I FINISHED 8 pages and started 2 more! I was in scrap-heaven. My MIL has a wonderful crafting table that bigger than the one I have at home, and nearby she has another cutting table, and a large long bar, so I could REALLY spread out. I did feel a bit guilty that I was enjoying their space so much, but they're really cool people and I know that they would love it that we were having such a great time.



Here are some of the fruits of my labor. MOST of the supplies are Stampin' Up! I only use supplies from other companies if Stampin' Up! doesn't offer a similar item. So the papers, inks, punches, and chipboard are from Stampin' Up! Some current, and some retired. One of my Favorite things is the punched hearts on the TOO SWEET page. They were made with the new Stampin' Up! Punch that's a part of the Love You Much Bundle that Stampin' Up! has a great promotion on right now.


I'm having a really hard time with my camera right now, so my pictures aren't are good as I would like them to be. I hate to say this, but I think it's time to upgrade! I have a Canon A540, and it used to take great pictures, but I've really been having a problem with the autofocus feature. As a result it seems like some of my pictures aren't as clear as they should be. One more thing to add to my list of wants :) It's a bummer that I figured it out AFTER Christmas because my hubby was looking for things to buy me and having a hard time finding something that I really wanted. Oh well.....there's always Mother's Day!
Take some time and make some cards or scrapbook today, it's good for the soul!


Happy Stampin' and Scrappin'!

Judy

No comments: