Thursday, September 25, 2008

I get to play!



My friend Joelle is coming over to scrapbook for a few hours this afternoon, and I'm very excited! It's not very often that I have a someone over in the middle of the afternoon on a weekday to play with paper, so I'm psyched! I have to say that I should be getting a few other things done (like laundry and cleaning - bleh!), but when the opportunity comes along to play with paper you have to grab it by the horns.


That being said, I have lots of stuff to get ready before she arrives, but I wanted to do a quick post. Here are a few cards that we made at my 8 cards for $10 camp. We had such a fun time! I'm so fortunate that all of the ladies I stamp with are such fabulous people. We swap stories, talk about kids, local news, and of course the men in our lives! I look forward to hanging out with these women every month.


The first card is made with the Fresh cuts stamp set and Haiku DSP. The card base is So Saffron, and the ink Basic Brown. We colored the 'spotlight' in with Tangerine Tango and Garden Green, and used the circle punches to punch it out. Very Vanilla wide grosgrain finished it off.
The second card was made with the Party Hearty set, and I used the Birthday embossing folder with my Big Shot to emboss the Brocade Blue Paper. The ovals were cut out using the Coluzzle, and the Frosty Day DSP is from the NEW Holiday Mini-Catalog (Available on Oct. 1st!!!). The candles on the bottom were stamped in Versamark on the Kraft Cardstock. Finished off with Brocade Blue wide grosgrain and some Natural Hemp. I always struggle to make cards that will work for a male or female birthday, and I think that this one is pretty generic and can go either way.
Hope you're all having a FABULOUS FALL and enjoying the beautiful weather (at least here in the Chicago suburbs it's beautiful!).
Check out my website for more project ideas and as always.....Happy Stampin'!

No comments: