Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Cardinal Christmas


I've spent 5 hours today stamping cards to get ready for my 8 Cards for $10 stamp camp tomorrow night.......I'm amazed how the time flies when I'm working (smile) and how long I can stamp without EVER getting tired of it. This is the first time since my kids started school this fall that I actually spent the whole day in my craft room, and I hope that there are many more! After doing many multi-occassion cards for my Camp I thought that I would pull out one of the stamp sets that I pre-ordered (one of the many perks of being a Stampin' Up! Demo!) and get busy. "A Cardinal Christmas" is another set that fufills my current need to watercolor. I can't believe how beautiful it is and how easily card ideas just started to pop into my head. I'm normally a person who works from a sketch, but this layout was inspired by the stamp set. The colors were pulled from the new "Ski Slope" DSP (another mini-catalog pre-order....don't worry, you'll all be able to order from the mini catty too starting on Oct. 1st!), and they remind me of the 1950's. Love them!

Recipe: Stamp Set: A Cardinal Christmas; Ink: Black Craft, Riding Hood Red - Riding Hood Red, Kiwi Kiss, Baja Blue, Summer Sun Re-Inkers; Cardstock: Riding Hood Red, Baja Blue, Whisper White; Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Blender Pen

No comments: