Friday, May 15, 2009

Wedding Gift

One of my younger brothers is getting married and I just had to make a scrapbook for them as a wedding gift. The hardest part about a gift like this is making scrapbook pages that have no pictures on them! I've almost got all of the pages finished (the wedding is next week!), and I'm going to bring my camera to the wedding and take tons of pictures and fill it for them after the fact. I'm planning on wrapping the album up and giving it to them so they have a gift to open and then take it back in order to put the pictures in it. This way, if the pages don't look finished once I put the pictures on them, I can embellish them a bit more. My SIL-to-be isn't a scrapbooker (yet!) so I'm trying to make this as easy as possible. It's been a lot of fun, and the SU! Simply Scrappin' kits make it SO easy!! The kit I used was Love Stories, and I think the pages turned out really well. Here's the kit:









For some reason I can't enlarge the picture of this kit, but if you want to see it, click here to head over to my website and click on SHOP NOW and then check out the Simply Scrappin' kits!

I picked this kit because the colors in the wedding are blue, white and silver, and I thought that pictures of the wedding party would look really well on the Cardstock that was included in this kit. I almost always use sketches to create my scrapbook pages because it goes so much quicker! Two of my favorite places to find the sketches are in Scrapbooks Etc. magazine, and also on the PAGEMAPS website. I don't know what I would do without those two resources!
I used supplies from the kit, and that was all! A paper trimmer, adhesive, and scissors were the only other tools I needed. The great thing about the kits is that you can finish tons of pages in 1day. My friend Michelle and I went to a local scrapbooking store to do Wednesday crop, and I finished 14 pages in 4 1/2 hours! Gotta love that!
Now that I've got my scrapbooking mojo back, I'm off to do a few more pages for myself!
Happy Stampin'!
Judy

No comments: