Sunday, March 30, 2008

Distressed


I've seen so many cards lately that have this really eclectic - distressed look to them. I just had to try it for myself! I must say that it was fun to do, and I'm pretty happy with the end result. I got the idea from a card in a cardmaking magazine (although I can't remember which one), and used the same layout, but with different punches and paper. The only non Stampin' Up! item on the page is the letters H and I, which I cut out with my Cuttlebug. I used Chocolate Chip and White Craft ink to rub directly onto the DSP to give it the distressed look. It's hard to belive that the background paper is from the Cutie Pie line. The distressing gave it a totally different look! Try some distressing for yourself, it's fun!


Recipe: Cardstock: Purely Pomegranate, Old Olive; Ink: Chocolate Chip, and White Craft ink; Accessories: Rich Regals Brads, Coluzzle Oval Template, Large Star Punch, Small Star Punch, DSP Cutie Pie, DSP Rose Red Print Pattern

No comments: