Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ornamental Snowflakes



I got the idea for this card from Jill who has so many amazing cards and projects on her blog! I just loved her card and made just a few changes to it. I used different colors, and I also made a little awning for the top of the card (it looks sort of like a window cornice or valance). It's really easy, and the only think that took any time at all was embossing the snowflakes, and tying the little bows on the ornaments. This one would be really easy to mass produce and would be a great card to WOW your Christmas card recipients with!
To make the awning, I cut the cardstock 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 and then used the scallop edge punch. After the scallop edge has been punched, score with the FLAT side of the paper at 7/8 and again at 1 1/16. To secure the awning closed I used Pop Up Glue dots.
Recipe: Stamp Set: Snow Burst; Cardstock: Old Olive, Eggplant Envy, Baja Breeze, Whisper White; Ink: White craft, Baja Breeze; Accessories: Circle Punches - 1 3/4, 1 3/8, 1 1/4, White Embossing powder, Gold Cord, Pop Up Glue Dots, Scallop Edge Punch.

No comments: